Tasty concoctions can make any witchy celebration special. With the help of some herbs, fruits, and a bit of coffee, you can make delicious drinks to savor in the duration of the season.
Also used as a totem or an ingredient for money and love spells, herbs have specific magical properties that you can add into any drink. With a focused intention, magical concoctions can pave the way for your desires to manifest.
Crafting them yourself can stimulate all the chakras in your body as well.
Cinnamon: A Mabon Favorite
During Mabon, Cinnamon is highly regarded as a significant ingredient in magical tea recipes, cakes, and spells. This is because the herb is majorly associated with common Mabon themes, such as abundance, prosperity, and bountiful harvest.
Mabon or autumn equinox is not only celebrated by many different witches, but by different groups and beliefs as well. Hence, Cinnamon is enjoyed not only by witches but also by people who celebrate the turn of the year.
Apple Spiced Tea
If autumn was a tea recipe, it would be an Apple Spiced Tea. To make Apple Spiced Tea, you only need cloves, cinnamon sticks, unsweetened apple juice, apple slices, and a sweetener of your choice.
- 1 cup of water
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 4 apple slices
- 2 packets of stevia or sweetener of choice
- Pour the water in a saucepan, followed by cloves and cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil Turn off the heat once finished and allow to settle for three to four minutes. With a cheesecloth or a strainer, strain the tea and pour it back to the saucepan, adding the juice and the sweetener to the mixture. Simmer in low heat until the mixture is completely incorporated. Pour the tea mixture into a mug or a kettle and put the apple slices to finish. Add ice to serve cold.
Magical Chai Tea
Chai is a mixture of blended herbs and spices that both purify the aura and improve the body’s immune system. To make this magical chai tea, you will be needing the following:
- 6 cups of water
- 1-2 in. peeled ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 20 black peppercorns
- 20 cardamom pods
- 15 cloves
- Pour the water and the rest of the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Strain with a tea strainer and collect the mixture into an empty medium-sized jar or mug.
Witch’s Cup o’ Joe
Coffee is an excellent way to add a little boost to common concoctions that only contain witchy herbs and spices. Adding your favorite coffee to your drink can also bring about a balance of masculine and feminine energies, which is a highly regarded theme of the season.
To make this caffeinated concoction, prepare the following ingredients:
- 3 pinches ground ginger
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp ground coffee of your choice
- Brew the coffee in a pour-over, a french press, or any coffee maker you have on hand. While the coffee is brewing, prepare the ginger and nutmeg in a mug while circling your thoughts around your intentions. Pour the brewed coffee into the mug and add the cinnamon stick. Allow the flavors to incorporate by mixing the coffee mixture with your cinnamon stick.